Pages

Let's Connect

Follow on Facebook Follow on Twitter Follow on Pinterest Follow on Goodreads

Thursday, January 2, 2014

The Future Looks Bright

Seeing as I spent yesterday reflecting on the great literary adventures in took in 2013 I decided that it's only fitting that I take today to reflect on what I'm looking forward to in 2014.

So let's get started shall we! 2014 is the first year of this little blog you are reading, Woo Hoo! Only two days into the New Year and I am already stoked about this project.

First and foremost...
My goals for Library of the Seen:

1. I want Library of the Seen to become a community. I want us to be a place of friendship and support as well as a place to talk about great books.

2. I want the readers of Library of the Seen to have lots of input as to what we do around here! So keep the comments and suggestions coming guys!

3. I want to foster great relationships with authors, other bloggers and of course my readers!

4. I definitely want to read some great books and hopefully introduce you all to an author, genre our subject you've never heard of our thought you would be interested in.

5. I want to host as many giveaways as I possibly can!

6. This is the one that might be the most challenging for me and I also feel might also be the most important. I want you all to know that whatever you are going through you are not alone, even when it feels that way. So to help let you know that you aren't the only one to face whatever it is you are going through I am going to be honest about how some books remind me of things I have encountered in my own life. This will be a challenge for me, some of these things haven't been shared with anyone but a therapist and my husband but I feel that nothing beneficial can come out of the pain I have gone through and overcome unless I use that information to help others going through pain.

What do you guys think about those goals? Are there any goals that I should have put on here that I missed?

Ok now on to the bookish focus of my post.

There are tons of brilliant novels coming out in 2014 and I can't wait to read my way through them! New series are starting, some are ending, and some are simply just getting another book and I greet them all with open arms! There are also some great new authors with books debuting this year and some of our favorite authors will be putting out new releases (Are you as excited as I am?) I wish I had the time and money enough to read and own them all. But I don't! So I came up with this nifty little list of the 14 books I am most anticipating in 2014 (based on what I was feeling last night when I wrote the list)

My 14 Most Anticipated Reads of 2014

1. Cress By Marissa Meyer
2. Dorothy Must Die By Danielle Paige
3. A Thousand Pieces of You By Claudia Gray
4. The Winners Curse By Marie Rutkoski
5. Defy By Sara B. Larson
6. Cruel Beauty By Rosamund Hodge
7. Love Reborn By Yvonne Woon
8. Daylighters By Rachel Caine
9. A Breath of Frost By Alyxandra Harvey
10. Faking Normal By Courtney Stevens
11. Reboot By Amy Tintera
12. Ever After High: UNfairest of Them All By Shannon Hale
13. The Collection By Shannon Stoker
14. Whisper By Stacy R. Campbell (I was able to read this early and I loved it!)

So there you have it, my 14 most anticipated books of 2014 in no particular order. Are any of these on your most anticipated reads list? Or have some of you awesome people been able to read one of these already?

With that I leave you for the day. Be kind to one another and get lost in a book.

2 comments:

  1. I have just found your blog (via the Penpal Readers group on Goodreads), and look forward to everything you have in store for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tamara! I hope you keep reading and enjoy whatever this little blog becomes.

    ReplyDelete